7.28.2009

Day 5 or 6 in Buenos Aires. Yeah, it's like that.


Ok, so... I’m having a hard time being coherent today because yesterday essentially spilled over in today and well, suffice to say that there’s a never ending supply of places to go out in this city and it never stops. I haven’t even made a dent in it, nor have I done many of the touristy things... I did see the big metal flower that opens and closes and is the place to hang out underneath and drink a mate in the sun. I also went to Malba which is a gorgeous art gallery and it has a great cafe.


Winetasting last night, and after that we went to a restaurant that’s so underground that it’s only open once a week and only twenty people know about it and the food is thai.. the best thai I’ve ever had.


We went to another bar after that, basically I didn’t sleep very much, so this morning in the bus I really wasn’t with it and almost got robbed in the bus. I was hanging on with one arm staring out the window in a full ‘colectivo’ and then got rather annoyed as a little man who kept kind of pushing upto me. I looked down and literally caught him red-handed with my bag clip opened and his hand IN my bag. I was so baffled I forgot all my Spanish and yelled lots of expletives at him in English. He told me "You’re crazy", IN ENGLISH and got off in a hurry. I stood there seething but figured out pretty quickly he didn’t take anything. When I got to my class my teacher was so kind to fill me in on what words I should have used to ‘make a scandal’, as they say here.

No comments:

Post a Comment