7.25.2009

Day 2 in Buenos Aires


After class I meet the production people behind Bueno, entonces... in Palermo where they work. I’ve brought some chocolate all the way from New Zealand, which I think Corrie is happy about. It’s still surreal, can’t believe these people just brought me to Buenos Aires because they felt like giving away a trip. What’s more, I’m being spoiled rotten. Tonight more amazing Argentine food... has anyone told you about the food here?
Argentines like cow. They like to eat it, apparently per capita they eat something like 80 kg of cow on average a year. I find that hard to comprehend as a concept, but then again the beef here IS really quite incredible. The portion sizes are also quite incredible. When you order a bife de lomo you get enough to feed a small village back where I come from. It also turns out that the other David from Bueno, entonces... (el productor) knows a thing or two about wine and likes ordering really nice bottles of wine. OOOh this is heaven...mmmm Malbec.

1 comment:

  1. When I see this photo, I'm really becoming hungry. I love and miss Argentinian steaks ;-) It's sooo good. I heard that there are also places for Vegetarians in Buenos Aires but that's not so much my preference ...

    Joseph

    ReplyDelete