8.01.2009

The Day of the Bueno Entonces Mexican Margarita EXTRaVaganza

After a few big nights I’ve had to do some recuperating to get ready for the Bueno Entonces Mexican Margarita Extravaganza.. you know ... I need sleep every now and then.. When do Buenos-Aireans sleep? On Sunday all day Martin told me. But is that enough for the rest of the week?

All I could muster lately was a visit to Recoleta to see Evita’s grave. Surely a must SEE... She died just so young! Recoleta is pretty cool anyway to wander around with your sunglasses feeling melancholy. The graves are amazing and monumental and if you’ve ever dug into Argentine history or have paid attention to the streetnames you’ll find a lot of big names there. I find out Carlos Gardel is in the other cemetery, must do that one next time.

But onwards.. David (el Productor) and Cori have organised a night with the entire cast and crew of Bueno Entonces. We’re going out for Mexican and LOTS Of Margaritas in Palermo.

Jimena and the other David (this is confusing I know.. but this is the one YOU know if you’ve seen Bueno Entonces) are there and they are awesome. Also the writer and educational brain behind BE, Florencia and Hernan. Have I mentioned Carolina the beautiful Colombiana already? They’re all just amazing and what really shines through in Bueno Entonces that this is a bunch of people clearly having a lot of fun creating something together, is also pretty clear from tonight. After that more going out, and being silly.

I’m missing the kids, who are in the provinces visiting their grandparents with their dad and I’m preparing myself for my own trip there for the big 70th birthday party of my father-in-law. They’re having their own little Spanish immersion with all their cousins and uncles and aunties so after this we should all be fluent. Although we’re hitting the past tenses in my daily classes here in BA and it’s pretty complicated... until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment